Avocado and turkey muffins
Prep time: 5 minutes
1 english muffin, halved
2 tsp avocado
30g sliced cheese
40g shaved turkey breast
2 multigrain corn thins,
creamed cottage cheese
2 tsp sultanas
½ stick celery
40g red capsicum, cut into sticks
1 tbs hummus dip
1. Spread avocado over base of muffin, then add cheese, turkey and carrot. Top with second muffin half.
Snack 1: corn thins spread with cottage cheese. make a face with the sultanas
Snack 2: celery and capsicum served with hummus dip
Chicken and veggie rice paper rolls
120g cooked chicken breast fillet, shredded
2 tsp sweet chilli sauce
4 x rice paper springroll wrapper
1/2 carrot, grated
1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
2 thin slices pineapple
1. Combine chicken and sauce in a small bowl. Working one at a time, soak a rice paper in a large bowl of hot water for 10-20 seconds, then place on a clean kitchen cloth to absorb excess water.
2. Place some of the chicken in the middle of the rice paper, top with some carrot and lettuce. Roll the rice paper, tuck in the ends to enclose the filling, then continue to roll firmly until end of paper. Place roll under a slightly damp cloth to prevent drying out. Continue with remaining rice paper and fillings, placing rolls under damp cloth as you go. Cover and refrigerate until ready to pack in lunch box.
Snacks: cut pineapple into star or other shapes and serve with chicken rice paper rolls.
Snacks: pack corn thins separately. When ready to eat, spread thins with hommus.
Snacks: combine and place yoghurt and berries in an airtight container.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
¾ cup wholemeal self-raising flour
1 small banana, mashed
1/2 cup milk
1 tbs honey
1/4 cup fresh berries
1. Place ¾ cup wholemeal self-raising flour in a bowl. Combine 1 egg, 1 small mashed banana, 1/2 cup milk and 1 tbs honey in a jug. Add to flour mixture and stir well.
2. Place tablespoons of mixture into heart-shaped cookie cutters in an oiled pan over medium heat. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until bubbles appear on surface. Remove cutter, then turn and cook until golden.
3. Repeat to make 12 pikelets. pack 2 pikelets into lunch box with fresh berries.
Tip: add your own special touch with heart-shaped pikelets using a cookie cutter. Freeze leftover pikelets for up to 1 month.